On Friday, October 16th, 2020, The Ohio State University, Director for Department of Public Safety, Monica Moll, sent out an email giving safety resources to OSU students. We believe these resources are extremely helpful and would like to share them with you. One service that is especially helpful is that OSU provides free safety devices to
students. An OSU student can register for these devices at this Link.
Hometeam Properties Management
Below are some resources provided by The Ohio State University.
Dear Ohio State Community:
On Thursday, October 15, President Kristina M. Johnson announced the establishment of the University Task Force on Community Safety and Well-Being to review safety issues on campus and in neighborhoods near the university. As university, law enforcement and community leaders come together to enhance the safety and wellbeing of our campus community, the university wants to remind students, faculty and staff of safety guidance and available resources.
For those living on or near campus, please:
• Register for a safety device through Off-Campus and Commuter Student Services.
• Lock your doors and windows.
• Do not let unknown people into residence halls or leave valuables unattended.
• Report any thefts to the police as soon as possible.
• Ensure you are signed up to receive Buckeye Alert emergency notifications.
Resources to enhance overall safety include:
• Rave Guardian, which allows friends or family to be your virtual guardian and provides faster delivery of Buckeye Alerts and safety notices via push notifications.
• Lyft Ride Smart at Ohio State, which offers students discounted, late-night rides on and around Ohio State's campus.
• Our Surviving an Active Aggressor video, which promotes the Run. Hide. Fight. strategy.
• Additional resources are available on the Ohio State Department of Public Safety website.
We encourage you to add our non-emergency number to your phone and to follow us on Twitter at @OSUPolice and @OSU_EMFP.
Always report suspicious behavior on campus to University Police at 614-292-2121 or off-campus to Columbus Police at 614-645-4545. Dial 9-1-1 in an emergency. The safety of students, faculty and staff is our top priority. The Ohio State University Police Division (OSUPD) continues to coordinate closely with the Columbus Division of Police, which is increasing patrols and adding special duty officers in the areas surrounding campus out of an abundance of caution. Additionally, OSUPD officers are conducting high visibility patrols on campus. We are committed to protecting, serving and supporting the university community and being a resource for you and your loved ones.
Director, Department of Public Safety
The Ohio State University