- All applicant(s) must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application and qualify based on the standards below.
- All occupants over the age of 18 must be a lease holder.
- Each applicant must submit an application and pay an application in the amount of $35.00 (Non-refundable).
- A current photo identification is required for each applicant (driver's license, military 10, and/or passport).
- All of our units are smoke-free
- Occupancy Standards:
- One (1) Bedroom: 2 person maximum
- Two (2) Bedroom: 4 person maximum
- Three (3) Bedroom: 6 person maximum
Hartford Village Commons provides rental housing to qualified residents without regards to race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, source of income, or any other applicable protected class. All housing provided within the guidelines established by federal, state, and local laws regulating the multifamily housing industry.
- The gross monthly income must be at least three (3) times the monthly rent. Co-applicants may combine income
- Applicant(s) must provide the leasing office with proof of income.
- Acceptable forms of income include:
- Current consecutive paystubs
- W-2 forms (if self-employed)
- Offer letter (must be on business letter head, with hire date, position title, and salary/hourly rate.
- Government issued proof of income for Military (LES)
- Social Security verification
- Disability from a government issued agency
- Retirement pension account
- Court ordered Child Support Allocation
- Court ordered Alimony
A credit report is required for all applicants. Factors that are reviewed in the credit report include, but are not limited to delinquent accounts, collection accounts, credit score, bankruptcies, social security number verification, and address verification. Any bankruptcy within the past 2 years will require a guarantor and a copy of the discharge papers must be provided to the leasing office. All collections with a utility company or other rental property must be paid in full. The leasing office must receive a receipt that states a zero balance on any open collections. There are levels at which an application mayor may not be approved.
- 1000-700: Approved with standard deposit
- 699-650: Approved with half months’ rent as additional deposit
- 649-550: Approved with full months’ rent as an additional deposit
- 549-0: Application will be declined or denied
Must have a minimum of 6 months verifiable employment history. If employed less than 6 months, previous employment will be verified for continuance. New employment positions will require an offer letter from management.
- Rental History:
Must have a minimum of one year verifiable rental history. Rental history must be positive with no evictions, no outstanding utility bills, no money owed to any landlord, and have fulfilled all previous lease agreements. Home ownership will be verified by credit report. First time renters with positive credit, must pay a security deposit equal to one month’s rent and/or have a qualified guarantor.
- Criminal History:
A criminal report will be conducted on all applicants. No person will be permitted to reside at Hartford Village Commons having serious offenses that may be a threat to our community. Any applicant will be denied for the following criminal report
- Any felony conviction
- Any terrorism-related conviction
- any prostitution-related conviction and/or sex-related conviction
- Any misdemeanor conviction involving violence, assault/battery, drugs, fire arms, and/or damage to a property
- Any cruelty to animal-related conviction
- Active status on probation or parole resulting from any of the above
- Any applicant that has ever been evicted
- Applicants with open/pending cases will be suspended until the final outcome of the case
- Automatic Denial:
If application is denied, applicant will be notified immediately and will refunded the $50.00 hold fee within 30 days to the address that was listed as the current address on the application. The applicant hereby waives any claim for the damages by reason of non-acceptance. Factors that will result in automatic denial include, but are not limited to:
- Credit score of 549 or below
- Open bankruptcy or a bankruptcy that has been discharged less than 2 years with no guarantor
- Any criminal history that is described in "criminal history" section above
- Unpaid collections from previous landlord or property management companies
- any previous evictions
- One (1) or more three day notice (pay rent or vacate) from previous landlord(s)
- Two (2) or more NSF checks in the past year will result in denial
- Falsified information on application
If a guarantor is required, he or she must be approved through the same screening process. Guarantor will need to complete an application, pay an application fee, provide proof of income (gross monthly income must be five (5) times the apartment rent and mortgage payment combined) and provide a current photo ID. The guarantor must be a home owner. The guarantor is jointly liable for all funds due related to the lease agreements. A qualified guarantor may be required if:
- Applicant fails to meet the income criteria
- Applicant is a first time renter
- The non-existence of a credit rating
- Discharged bankruptcies within the past two (2) years.