With the semester ending, many students may be wondering what to do with all the extra time they will have. Avoid boredom by trying out these six different things students can do over a long break:
1. Catch up on the TV shows you missed. Since you spent most of your semester studying in the library and running around campus, you probably missed out on some good shows. Luckily, streaming services add multiple shows every week so that there is plenty of variety! Sit back, relax, and enjoy the long break with Netflix or Hulu!
2. Reconnect with your friends from high school. It’s likely that close friends from high school decided to go to different schools than you. Whether it be lunch at your group’s favorite spot or just a coffee date at Starbucks, use your break to meet up with friends and fill each other in on what happened during the semester.
3. Work a part-time job. During breaks from school, companies are eager to hire students as seasonal workers to help with the increase in business. Working during winter break is a great way to stay busy and make some extra cash for the next semester!
4. Read a book. Even though you spent most of the semester reading, non-required reading is much more enjoyable. A biography about your favorite celebrity, a self-help book, or even a fictional drama can help you pass the time and learn something new!
5. Travel. If you have the financial ability, try traveling during your long break! Experiencing a new city (even if it’s just a couple of hours away) is fun and going with a friend can make the trip an awesome memory.
6. Spend time with your family. If your school is far from home, a long break is a great time to spend quality time with your family. Cooking a meal or watching a movie together is a great way to catch up on everything you missed while you were at school!